Tales of an Upper West Side Nothing

Friday, February 17, 2006

OLYMPIC RUMINATIONS

I have a new addiction. It's somewhat healthy but definitely obsessive. I am addicted to the Olympics. It's not really new because during Salt Lake I forgot that I was a senior in college and had a thesis to write. Maybe the Olympics will be my new excuse for why I only got a B on my college thesis- not the fact that I had no guidance and had to do an independent study in order to write it. Oh and the fact that my non-advisor never showed up for her appointments with me and when she did she smoked in my face and I couldn't hear her because I was having a coughing fit. P.S. There was a huge NO SMOKING sign right outside the door to her office. I mean who smokes when you have college students in your office?? By the by this woman went on to publish a book about breasts!!! Wow- that was a tangential rant! Anyway- since the Olympics started I run home after work to catch curling and ice hockey on the USA network. Then at 8pm I turn on NBC and hunker down for a few hours of sheer bliss. I was watching the new Snowboard Cross- which is now my absolute favorite sport- in my room last night. Across from my bed I have some mirrors on the wall (not my choice- they were there when I moved in) and at one point I looked up in the mirror. I have never noticed the facial expressions I make when watching TV. When somebody fell my mouth was agape and when the favorites win I have a huge smile on my face. I never noticed that before. How weird?
But really, what's not to love about the Olympics? They are fun to watch when someone wins and so much fun to watch when somebody wrecks or utterly fails at their sport e.g. the Bulgarian male figure skater. He fell on every single jump he made last night. I felt bad but it was so much fun to watch.
My other Olympic observation is that the male athletes are SUPER CUTE. Are they really? or are they just so appealing because they are athletes? I don't know but Seth Wescott and Evan Lysacek- I hope you read my blog. Oh and one more thing- I wish the commentators would stop beating around the bush. Johnny Weir is gay. Stop saying he is so comfortable in his own skin, he doesn't care what people think, he likes to wear Gucci and Balenciaga, and his favorite singer is Christina Aguilera. Just come out and say it- HE IS GAY!!!
S


EVAN LYSACEK


SETH WESCOTT

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for outting me man!!! you want to tell my parents for me too? sheesh. can't a guy like beautiful things w/o being gay?? weir does not equal queer!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are johnny's parents and we must admit we had our suspicions since johnny wore his sister's bras to bed in fourth grade.
to say we are pleased is an oversimplification but if it helps us pay our nursing home bills we are behind him (pardon the pun) all the way.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that the journalists use "flameout" for Johnny and "reckless" for Bode when they both screw up. That is hysterical...

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm a diva... But I want those shoes !

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter