Tales of an Upper West Side Nothing

Monday, January 30, 2006

DUANE RUDE

When I moved into my apartment, one of the things that excited me most was the 24 hour pharmacy directly across the street. I had visions of dashing out in the middle of the night to purchase toilet paper and sudafed. I would be in my pajama pants and rain boots and my eyes would be sleepy and I would walk in and be greeted by pleasant cashiers who would laugh at my outfit. Um..... I don't think so. The people who work at this drugstore are the rudest most obnoxious people I have ever met. I mean both the pharmacy people and the cashiers in the front. I have yet to go in there and be treated nicely and not be given sneers and rolled eyes. On one occasion I have witnessed the pharmacists scold a very old woman with a walker for cutting the line when in fact she was next.
My health insurance is not the best- such is the life of a starving artist. It would not cover a prescription that my doctor called in and when I called the insurance company they said they will only cover the generic brand. Well, wouldn't you know it THERE IS NO GENERIC BRAND!! Since I really needed these pills I decided to pay out of pocket. When I was at the pharmacy register she pointed to the number 50 on the bill and asked me if I was sure I wanted to pay this. I said yes and she rung me up and the total was $120. I said, um.. excuse me I didn't say I was paying for everyone's medicine. She said well that's how much these 3 pills cost. I said you told me $50. The attitude was seeping from every pore of her body and she said well that's why I showed it to you. I said well you showed me the wrong number. She denied this and voided out the sale with steam coming out of her ears and her eyes rolling so far back in her head you would think she just shot herself full of heroine. The best was when I told her I didn't want the pills. I thought she was going to reach over the counter and bitch slap me.
Now, this is just one of many many many bad attitude encounters I have had. This morning I stopped in on my way to work. I was purchasing a card and put it down on the counter and the lady leaning against the wall playing with her hair said- um... ma'am I am over here. Plenty of attitude for 8:30 in the morning. I am so annoyed with this place that I threw the card across the counter and then had to endure attitudinal staring for the entire transaction.
The sign in the window should be "Open 24 Hours- but our employees act as if they have been up for 48." Since the 3 pill incident I now have all my prescriptions called into my parents' pharmacy. It may be a 2 week delay to get an antibiotic for a throat infection but at least it is a pleasant experience.

S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter