Chumus and Challah
Most people who know me know that I am attracted to Mediterranean men. This is not an exclusive thing - but in a who would I date line up I would always pick the dark swarthy men. A is quite aware of this fact and claims that I made this abundantly clear at a wedding when she tried to get me to talk to the pastiest guy in the room. If he were made by Benjamin Moore, he would be winter white. I recall such a conversation but not as heated as my poetic licensed friend does. Anyway, I had some company over the weekend and one of my guests is a friend of A. A ran into said guest on the subway during the week and mentioned to her that I ONLY date smarmy looking men. Upon hearing this I insisted that A rectify this exchange of misinformation. The following is an e-mail that A sent me with a suggested conversation that we have in the company of our guests.
A: This is great Chumus....speaking of Chumus and Mediterranean
food--S...is it true you still have an exclusive sexual attraction
for Mediterraneans and refuse to date their whiter, ashkenazi
brethren?
S: You know A, I'm glad your brought that up. I've wanted to
dispel this rumor for those of you who wish to set me up (cough,
cough, unnamed guest). I know longer have the strict requirement that the man
must be of Mediterranean descent. In fact, if the guy is Jewish and
wants to date me then I will be there with bells on. Pass the
Challah!

Isn't he dreamy?
S

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home