DISCO INFERNO
In celebration of my 25th Birthday a few friends accompanied me to Bollywood Disco at the Canal Room. I love Bollywood and had the rare opportunity to PA on the set of one that included Mr. Shah Rukh Khan. So I have become obsessed with all things Indian.
It is a little known fact amongst my friends that I like to dance and shake my groove thang as often as possible. So I shook it and was the whitest white girl in the room. Man- I wish I was Indian. So I discoed- without my disco nap- for a few hours. I grooved this way and then that way and shook my trunk a little. And ogled hot Indian boys for the rest of the night. Then I hightailed it home because unfortunately I had to be at work today. I exited the subway and began my short walk to work, picking up an AM New York along the way. Then in front of the prestigious university near my office- hint, it has the worst sports teams in all the IVY Leagues-I was approached by an Indian man. In my head the following conversation took place.
Indian man: Hi, aren't you the girl who had her birthday last night at Bollywood Disco?
Me: Why, yes I am.
Indian man: Wow, you are a great dancer. My friends and I were watching you all night.
Me: Oh, stop!
Indian man: No really. Would you like to marry me and move to my family's plantation in Bengal and of course I will convert. But don't worry we will have a traditional Indian wedding with marigolds and henna.
Me: When does the next flight leave?
This was the actual conversation.
Indian Man: Excuse me, can I ask you a question?
Me: Yes.
Indian Man: How come you took an AM New York from the newstand instead of the Metro from the guy calling Metro, Metro News?
Me: I don't know. It's really all the same to me. I guess it's just because I started reading AM New York before I knew about Metro. Why do you ask?
Indian Man: Oh, I am a PhD student here and we are studying the powers of persuasion.
Me: Oh, thanks for dashing all my hopes and dreams.

This is me at my Indian wedding.
S

1 Comments:
if the wedding is in bengal, do mom and i just come as guests, will there be mixed dancing like in bride and prejudice, and do we have to make sheva bruchas
Post a Comment
<< Home