The War at Home
So I always planned to keep this blog chock full o' light fare. But I have a serious post coming.
The debate between Democrats and Republicans is really heating up lately and try as I might to avoid debates/discussions I just can't. My community is teeming with right wing Republicans and I have had it with their Machiavellian ways of kill now, ask questions later approach. On most Shabboses I find myself embroiled in a political debate of some sort as I am usually one of the only Demmies (my coinage) at the table. It is the same discussion over and over and over again.
Republicans: I support the war and the President.
Me: How can you support a war that has no point and is wholly unsuccessful and sends home young innocents every day in body bags because the people we are trying to "liberate" don't want us there and use items from their house to make IED's that kill and maim. (I know- run-on sentence)
Republicans: What should we do leave?
Me: YES!!!!! Clearly we are uninvited company and how many people have to die before you realize that. How come we can't even take care of our own citizens who were displaced by Hurrican Katrina? Could it be that our armed forces are spread too thin trying to save a world that would rather see us dead- to provide what we need at home?
Republican: Those people had plenty of time to evacuate- they didn't.
Me: BECAUSE THEY ARE BELOW POVERTY LEVEL AND HAVE NOWHERE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oy I know this script by heart already. My mother told me last night that our cousin is being deployed to Iraq for a year.... I told my mom she can thank all her Bushy friends for that! (For the record mom is a liberal Demmie too- thanks mom!)
Now I present you this video. All my Republican friends will call it Democrat propaganda. I call it common sense.

1 Comments:
You neglected to mention that our cousin who is being deployed to the Middle East is a 53 year old woman. She has been in the reserves for 18 years as a nurse. She will be retrained as a public safety officer. Now that's a really great way to fight a war.
Post a Comment
<< Home