Duane Not So Rude
Well the day has finally come! I have moved! I am hoping to live a roach, mouse, squirrel and mold free life from now on. The apartment looks great but I am still waiting for furniture delivery so we currently eat our meals on the roof.
Anyway, when you live in New York City you know that you can't walk more than 2 feet without passing a Duane Reade or a Starbucks. So of course there is a Duane Reade practically outside my front door. As you avid blog readers know I was very displeased with the service at Duane Reade. They were rude and curmudgeonly and seemed to hate their jobs. But I guess the further you move uptown the nicer they get. The first time I went in there I had to double check the sign to make sure I was in the right store. Two employees approached me and asked me if I needed help finding something. WHAT?? in a Duane Reade? Maybe they are just in a good mood. Yet, the same thing happened the next two times I went in. Then the cashiers asked me if I found everything I needed. I was incredulous. This couldn't be.
So for now I want to amend the DUANE RUDE moniker so that it doesn't include my new Duane Reade. Oh- let me hope that it can stay that way. Meshane makom- meshane mazel. I guess my mazel now includes a more pleasant toilet paper shopping experience.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home