Well- it has been a long long while. A lot has happened but nothing has happened at the same time. Make sense? Still have no place to live. I am not joking when I say that I might apply for low income housing because if I am not mistaken I do qualify. So if anyone knows a complex that is not too ghetto and somewhat nice....
I have decided to quit my career and follow a new dream. I will now be an Orkin woman. I have killed more bugs both at work and at home than I have hairs on my head-and I have thick hair.
I always love to regale people with my subway stories and yesterday produced a good one. Two guys got on the train and one sat next to me. They were definitely in rehab for something- alcohol, meth, heroine... I don't know. They just had that look to them. I can't explain it- but I used to work near a meth clinic and I know that look. One guy had his eyes closed the whole time he was talking. So at first I thought they were whack a doodles but I was amazed by the conversation that followed. First it started with the explanation of different Japanese characters and dialects. Then it morphed into a conversation about the Celtic language. Then a debate about whether it is pronounced Celtic or "S"eltic and why some people pronounce it differently. Then we moved on to Celtic art and the merits of French cave art. Um... I was unaware of French cave art until I took Art History in college. These guys must go to the Harvard of rehabs.

-S

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home