TOP 10 REASONS I HATE BROOKLYN
Who's with me? Brooklyn sucks. There are 2 redeeming qualities about Brooklyn. My family and some of the cafes. That's about it.
I HATE the double parking. I mean really- it's a 2 way street- one lane for each direction. If you park "to just run in" you totally block the lane and people cannot get through. I mean really- it's driving basics 101. What I am supposed to do wait until you have picked up your pizza and french fries (don't even get me started) so I can get where I need to go. People please!!!! My dad and I have a double parking deterrent method. We drive by and he beeps the horn incessantly while I roll down my window and yell out "Don't double park!" Its effectiveness has yet to be proven but it sure makes me feel better.
Another reason- Last night I had dinner at a local pita place with my brother. I am not one for Middle Eastern food because I always pay for it later. So I decided to try something new and I got a hamburger in a lafa- a puffy pita bread. I ordered it rare because that is how I always eat my beef. But when I bit into it was RAW not rare. I never ever ever send food back or complain- I either eat it and suck it up or just leave it on the table. But this was ridiculous- this was not mooing it was as raw as the day it was born. So my brother recommended I talk to the man who looked like the proprietor. I told him it was raw and that I couldn't eat it. He looked at me and said but you ordered it rare- and I said yes I know but this is raw. He looked at it, shrugged his shoulders and said what do you want me to do throw it out. I said I don't really care what you do with it but I can't eat it. The salad bar man then comes over and corroborated the story because I was unsure of what I said 5 minutes ago!!! and he said you asked for it rare. I am in pita hell!! I have been eating my meat rare for all 25 years of my life - I think I know the difference between cooked and not cooked. The proprietor then takes it the waitress manning the cash register (I am not sure why he thinks she has more seniority) and speaks to her in a foreign language that I happen to speak and recounts the story AGAIN! He then goes back to the grill and I said you know what if it is too much trouble for you then just forget it- I was really looking forward to a week of salmonella and a touch of mad cow. Because my year so far hasn't been stellar enough, I was looking to spice it up a bit. They ended making me a new one but not without sneers and looks from all of them. So I took it to go- take that! This place is really great PR for their borough. The mayor would be proud.

PLUS

EQUALS
BROOKLYN'S FINEST
I am looking for good Brooklyn stories. People work with me- I am trying to make this an interactive participatory blog.
-S

4 Comments:
Oh I HATE thos pita place in Brookln, - so greasy, even the chairs are greasy, I always walk out of there regretting everything I consumed, including the air. PLUS, all the employees are so obnoxious. I totally hear ya.
Here's a great brooklyn story:
I used to live in Brooklyn.
Then I moved.
The End.
Check out www.brooklynsucks.com
Yes, Brooklyn has zero parking, annoying complainers, 99 cent stores, Loud mouths, beeping horns....not for me thank you. I'm out 5 years and am sooo glad!
Post a Comment
<< Home