All Apologies
My sincerest apologies to all of our loyal readers. I have been on another planet and have only just returned. In the future- if we are on hiatus - I highly recommend reading my friend Michelle's blog. It is truly one of the funniest things I have ever read. Her blog address is www.youcantmakeitup.blogspot.com. Enjoy.
Anyway- so much has happened I don't think that I can blog it all. I have been battling some roaches or water bugs- take your pick- as of late. So of course my imagination runs rampant and I have nightmares of infestation on a nightly basis. But the whole incident reminded me of an actual infestation. I grew up in New York and we always had cicadas but they never really bothered me. It was actually kind of cool when they shed their skins and left them all over our front lawn. Two years ago I went to visit my friend in Maryland. It happened to be during the 17 year cycle of cicada infestation. I drove down there with my brother and sister in law and literally as soon as we crossed the state line there was a hum that was unmistakable. It was millions of cicadas croaking in unison. I was there for four days and the noise was deafening. The local paper said the noise level was louder than a jackhammer. Watching my sister in law was hilarious- she walked around with her hood on and ran from building to building to car-she was not outside for more than 30 seconds at a time. The cicadas did not stop me though. But every time I walked outside they attached themselves to my clothes or my hair. As most of you know I have very long hair and it was like velcro for these little monsters. They would jump in my hair and and buzz in my ear. If you have never had the experience of having a big huge bug flap its wings in your ears- I highly suggest it. It makes you get over any bug hang ups right quick.

Hopefully we will get our juices flowing again and bring back the humor and some new blogs!
-S

1 Comments:
so gross....
Post a Comment
<< Home