Mid Week blahs
Here are some things I was thinking about today.
Why do I have no patience? If someone says they are going to call you- especially about a job- and then a week later nothing, is it normal to want to go down there and give them a whoopin'? Or is this just me?
So many Americans adopt babies from China or Russia. Do you think there are barren families in China dying to adopt American children clad in Abercrombie and Fitch clothes?
I saw an ad today in AMNY by a family who is looking for a kidney donor for their dad. This ad pulls at my heartstrings but the thought of getting tested doesn't even cross my mind. Who would I give a kidney to? How close would I have to be with them? Who would you give a kidney or any donation to?

KIDNEY PIE ANYONE?
Since this week was Mardi Gras all the news stations have been returning to New Orleans and doing pieces on the Hurricane aftermath. One in particular is the abandoned animals that now need homes. Which brought up a recurring question for me- would I leave my dog in a drowning house and get on a bus to Houston by myself. I know my mom already said she wouldn't she would take our 45 pound dog on her lap or wait for help- but she wouldn't abandon her. I think I would do the same. What would you do?
Is this post too obviously fishing for comments?
-S

3 Comments:
Duh....not all shelters/hotels take pets!!
I would save the dogs before I would save the people. The Torah says to take care of your animals first!!
pets are people too
it is best to save the pet first, then yourself and you will be welcomed into olam haba (spellcheck didn't list this one)
brownie adopted five pets from katrina and w adopted seven, our leaders know how to set an example
dick cheney adopted six quails and a covey of pheasants, or is it a covey of quail???
Post a Comment
<< Home